Trying to diversify your media sources? Don’t know how to escape the grips of CNN? Your TV only has Fox News (*gulp*)? Join Twitter! Here are a short list of Twitter handles that you can follow to keep up with actual politics and commentary of the times:
- BlackOUT Collective (@blackoutcollect) — A Black-led direct action collective based in Oakland, CA. The Tweets also feature connections to the larger #BlackLivesMatter movement.
- Zahira Kelly (@bad_dominicana) — AfroLatina artist, mujerista, sociocultural critic, speaker and writer. Raised between Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and the Bronx.
- Deray McKesson (@deray) — Curator, Connector. Protestor at Ferguson.
- Andrea Smith (@andrea366) — Native American feminist scholar and activist. Her work focuses on anti-violence, colonialism, and reproductive justice.
- Feminista Jones (@FeministaJones) — Post-modern sex-positive, Black feminist woman. Organizer of #NMOS14 (National Moment of Silence) for Black Lives Matter movement.
- Joo-Hyun Kang (@JooHyun_Kang) — Queer, Korean-American organizer based in NYC.
- Shaun King (@ShaunKing) — Justice Columnist. Provides commentary on the #BlackLivesMatter movement, #TamirRice case, and other racial justice issues.
- Everyday Feminism (@EvrydayFeminism) — Official Twitter account of EverydayFeminism.com.